Energy Management System
ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
Using energy efficiently helps organizations save money as well as helping to conserve resources and tackle climate change. ISO 50001 supports organizations in all sectors to use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system (EnMS). ISO 50001 establishes a framework for industrial plants, commercial, institutional, and governmental facilities as well as entire organisations to promote energy management best practices and reinforce good energy management behaviours.
The standard offers guidance on benchmarking, measuring, documenting and reporting energy improvements and projected greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions. ISO 50001 can also assist facilities in evaluating and prioritising the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies
- Organisations can ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure best practice energy management systems are in place
- Enhanced marketing capabilities. Make your business stand out
- ISO 50001 framework facilitates the management of energy bills and expenditure
- It enables an organisation to take a systematic approach to the continuous improvement of its energy efficiency
- Acceptance of Proposal and Contract Signature
- Gap Analysis (Optional): Pre-assessment of your system to evaluate the current state against requirements of the standard.
- Audit Stage 1: Initial Visit to verify the establishment and implementation of the Management System; 4- Audit Stage 2: Certification audit (certificate issued after successful certification audit)
- Decision making Stage and Certification Issuance
- 1st Surveillance Audits (After 1 year of registration) to evaluate the maintenance and the Continual Improvement of Management System
- 2nd Surveillance Audits (After 2 year of registration) to evaluate the maintenance and the Continual Improvement of Management System
- Re-Certification (after 3 Years of initial registration), Signing an other contract