Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000 sets out the requirements for a food safety management system and can be certified to. It maps out what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe. It can be used by any organization regardless of its size or position in the food chain.
ISO 22000 food safety management systems is an international standard which specifies the requirements for a food safety management system. It involves interactive communication, system management, prerequisite programmes and HACCP principles.
ISO 22000 Certification is an international standard that defines the requirements of a food safety management system covering all organizations in the food chain from "farm to fork". The standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain
- Guaranteed satisfaction of the expectations of consumers and business partners as regards quality and safety
- Demonstration of conformity with legal requirements
- Definition of clear and concrete objectives of the food safety management model
- Cost saving Many food companies currently have to meet the requirements of numerous standards and schemes. ISO 22000 gives an opportunity to harmonise all HACCP based standards
- Compliance organisations need to show their compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory food safety requirements in addition to adherence to their own stated food safety policy
- Integration shares a similar format to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 making it suitable for the development of an integrated risk based management system
- Acceptance of Proposal and Contract Signature
- Gap Analysis (Optional): Pre-assessment of your system to evaluate the current state against requirements of the standard.
- Audit Stage 1: Initial Visit to verify the establishment and implementation of the Management System; 4- Audit Stage 2: Certification audit (certificate issued after successful certification audit)
- Decision making Stage and Certification Issuance
- 1st Surveillance Audits (After 1 year of registration) to evaluate the maintenance and the Continual Improvement of Management System
- 2nd Surveillance Audits (After 2 year of registration) to evaluate the maintenance and the Continual Improvement of Management System
- Re-Certification (after 3 Years of initial registration), Signing an other contract